Saturday, August 20, 2005

Chachi Loves Flickr



Originally uploaded by colourblind.
Through flickr and gtabloggers I heard about this guy doing something called Portraits In The Park. For a nominal donation the photographer (screen name Photojunkie, real name Rannie) will take your shot and print a picture for you. Last week he was down at one of my favorite little spots, Cherry Beach, and since I was "babysitting" Chachi I figured I'd check it out and take him for a walk at the same time. Chachi loves the beach too, he runs around in big circles, as fast as he can, for about 10 minutes or until he gets tired. That's his way of showing he's excited.

We saw Rannie's set up as soon as we arrived. I was going to stop in quick and then take Chachi down to where the Rochester ferry, The Breeze, splits from, but Rannie wanted to chill for a bit first and invited me to join the flickr meet-up group hanging out at the other end of the beach. It was kinda cool, a group of people, most of whom only knew each other from the screen alias' used to identify one's photos uploaded on flickr. We hung out a bit, listening to some cool tunes, supplied by Duchamp. I met a few people and learned a couple cool things about my camera that I hadn't known, as well as some general photography tips. Since everyone had their cameras out and weren't totally comfortable taking shots of each other at first, Chachi became the natural subject. Colourblind took this one of a smiling Chachi down at the beach. A bunch of other great shots came out of the meet-up, but I have yet to pick up the "pro" shots taken by Rannie of Chachi and I down the the Cherry Beach lifeguard stand. Looking forward to seeing the shots and to the next spontaneous photoblogger beach party, Chachi is too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a fun time... see you at the next meet-up!

23:10  
Blogger sookie said...

right...like i'm gonna take investment advice from a blog spammer...pleeze! who is this guy?

10:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay.

i just made a mistake on gani's blog ... he's not your bf. just took the shot. next time, i'm going to READ the whole blog entry before i post. ;)

whoops, sookie.

_

11:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sook.

Ive just read the chachi loves flickr piece.

As i read, my minds eye saw its own interpretation of what you described going on.
The backdrop was Bondi beach with the sun beating down. Rannies set up was at the top of the foot ramp on the pavement. I saw you talking, then head off to the meet up group. As i saw you approach,lookdown and greet the group sat in the sand, i saw a woman with flame red wavey hair look up at you with a huge smile.

A wandering mind huh? Just thought id share what your words did for me

Laterz

A man like

07:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home