Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Good To The Last Drop


liqoursign
Originally uploaded by lilylord.
Asked my bf to stock up on booze today. A couple 40oz bottles of vodka should do the trick. Tomorrow we find out if the staff at the LCBO (Liqour Control Board of Ontario) are going to strike. If so, it might have worse ramifications on Toronto's tourism and entertainment industries than Sars did. Depending if the strike lasts longer than a couple 40 oz at our house.

LCBO workers are fighting against a clause in their contracts that wasn't going to be renewed, a clause which once protected all employees jobs if the door to privatization of liqour stores were to open.

What strikes me as ridiculous about this is that the LCBO staff, by showing the power they wield over the people of this province, are in fact demonstrating that we should be working toward privatization. I don't need anyone having that much control. The LCBO has come a long way, renovating stores and stocking them with a great variety of liqour, but I'd still rather buy my booze on my terms. Vive le depaneur Quebecois and bring privatization to Ontario.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed of your site. I like to go blogging to find new sites and was glad to come across yours. You can visit mine at stools if you like

18:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home