Friday, April 28, 2006

World Class, My *ss


air
Originally uploaded by 416style.
I've complained before about the ridiculously high landing fees at Toronto's Lester B. Pearson airport. They're higher than Tokyo's Narita, and part of the reason why Hamilton and Buffalo's airport are becoming more attractive transportation hubs to frequent travelers.

What bothers me even more is that our airport has no rail link to downtown Toronto. If we want to continue saying that Toronto is a "World Class City" we've got to be able to put our money where our mouth is. A cab to my home in High Park, 20 minutes away, costs about $45, and the Go train to me is ridiculous. If you wanna hop on the train at the Dundas West platform you need to go down to Union station to buy a ticket (I've been told by their staff). To me it's really no wonder we didn't get the Olympics. It's a damn shame. If we can't sort out our own citizens' transportation issues how are we going to look to the rest of the world if they come visit? Certainly not world class. If it takes bringing in some European experts in transportation efficiency let's do it. Nobody wants Toronto to be the next LA. We complain car culture is killing us but there are still so few alternatives. Let's show the rest of the world we can do it, and earn the title "World Class".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home