Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Jamiroquai's Dynamite


photo 042
Originally uploaded by funkin.
Jay Kay's funk bank Jamiroquai played at a little publicized concert at Toronto's Koolhaus Friday night. A girlfriend called me late that afternoon to see if I wanted to try and get in somehow, even though it was already sold out. I was still game, only because she seemed very optimistic. I'd been listening to the band since high school and never seen them play live. At one point it didn't look good, but my girl Rachel, in a stroke of genius, scored a way in for me and Liz as well as herself. A wonderful, fun and polite crowd nearly filled the place, everyone unable to stop shakin their thing. We danced the whole time and could've kept going for hours while Jamiroquai played classics like Cosmic Girl, Alright, High Times and You Give Me Something. Jay Kay also used the opportunity to promote the new CD "Dynamite" and played it's signature track. I was impressed; more fun, danceable tracks by the group who knows how to get down and get funky. I was only put off a bit that the group didn't seem to explore their musical range which includes several unusual instruments. I'd still definitely pick up the new CD, in fact I was just about to but noticed it isn't yet available on itunes Canada. Big surprise. Guess I'll have to go to the record store just like the high school days.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

id like to hear how you got in! ive seen him twice now...once at the warehouse and last at the molson amphitheater(not a good venue for him). anyway...call me

19:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home