Sunday, June 03, 2007

Toronto Signatures


centre frame
Originally uploaded by 416style
I've been a bit of a flickrite for awhile and been asked by poeple around the world whether my photos can be used in print and online. It's been exciting. Despite seeing my photo printed in Travel Girl, hearing Marketing Magazine used a shot (without asking I might add) and getting a Green Roof shot into Bruce Mau's Massive Change exhibit in Chicago, my highlight is having my shot of the Revue hanging in the Intercontinental Hotel's Signatures Restaurant (220 Bloor Street West).

The resto recently renovated and rebranded. Now it's filled with a stunning array of images from all our favourite spots in Toronto. I went there with my aunt recently to have a bite, and although it was a quiet Monday night the experience was fantastic. Of course the service was terrific (being that it was so quiet) and I enjoyed our server's sense of humour (no stiffness here), but it was the food and the little extras that kept popping up on our table that made the night. All the food was native to Ontario, which to me is a another huge plus. I ate the Manitoulin Island trout with soba noodles and broth - delicious - while enjoying a dark red glass of wine and looking out over Proof's beautiful patio next door. It's what summer in the city is all about.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home