Monday, June 12, 2006

Farewell Four Sisters

Every morning I drive to work past The Boulevard Club, wishing I could afford the $6000 membership fee, and could work out in their gorgeous weight room overlooking the lake. This morning was no different, except that I thought I'd found a way to make myself feel better: Sure it's a beautiful view, except that it looks right across the lake at the ugly Lakeview Power Generating Station. The archaic coal plant, affectionately dubbed The Four Sisters, had been spewing pollution across Toronto for years. The thought that this monstrousity marred, ever so slightly, the patrons' views almost comforted me. Until later today, when I found out that the gruesome smoke stacks were demolished this morning. You Tube has a great video to boot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home