Saturday, May 21, 2005

Bloody Caesar

Mmmm...every weekend I look forward to a Bloody Caesar in a tall glass with my Eggs Florentine (I like Dr. G's brunch in Bloor West Village). Lately though the craving has carried over to weekdays and I find myself mixing or ordering this more than my usual gin and tonic. The LCBO has a few options now too: Mott's, Smirnoff and The Keg Caesar's. The Keg gives you the salty glass rimmer which is nice, and theirs are pretty good. I think the Smirnoff's Caesar's the best though, but, it's even better if you can make it yourself. Here's how I like it:

In a tall glass with celery
Wet the rim with lemon juice
Sprinkle it with celery salt or one of the pre-made rimmers from Caban
1 oz vodka (I like Moskovskaya)
salt + pepper
dash Worcestershire sauce
dash Tabasco sauce
clamato juice
squeeze of lemon

I think it's kinda cool too that the drink is a Canadian "invention" from the 60s. Drink up Canada!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had a Caesar but I make my rimmer out of chili powder, cayenne, sea salt,pepper and celery salt.Mix it up and then where did my day go?

17:39  
Blogger sookie said...

at Dr. Generosity they add horseradish too which tastes great, but i didn't add it to the recipe cause i normally don't make it that way at home.

14:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home